TERMS & CONDITIONS
Welcome to the paipai.com.my website (the “Site”). These terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) apply to the Site, and all of its divisions, subsidiaries, and affiliate operated Internet sites which reference these Terms and Conditions. International credit card payments that you make through the site will be processed by our payment service provider, a company registered in the Netherlands.
By accessing the Site, you confirm your understanding of the Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions of use, you shall not use this website. The Site reserves the right, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of these Terms and Conditions of use at any time. Changes will be effective when posted on the Site with no other notice provided. Please check these Terms and Conditions of use regularly for updates. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to these Terms and Conditions of use constitutes your acceptance of those changes.
USE OF THE SITE
We grant you a non-transferable and revocable license to use the Site, under the Terms and Conditions described, for the purpose of shopping for personal items sold on the Site. Commercial use or use on behalf of any third party is prohibited, except as explicitly permitted by us in advance. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions shall result in the immediate revocation of the license granted in this paragraph without notice to you.
Content provided on this site is solely for informational purposes. Product representations expressed on this Site are those of the vendor and are not made by us. Submissions or opinions expressed on this Site are those of the individual posting such content and may not reflect our opinions.
Certain services and related features that may be made available on the Site may require registration or subscription. Should you choose to register or subscribe for any such services or related features, you agree to provide accurate and current information about yourself, and to promptly update such information if there are any changes. Every user of the Site is solely responsible for keeping passwords and other account identifiers safe and secure. The account owner is entirely responsible for all activities that occur under such password or account. Furthermore, you must notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account. The Site shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, in any way for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of, or in connection with, your failure to comply with this section.
Anything that you submit to the Site and/or provide to us, including but not limited to, questions, reviews, comments, and suggestions (collectively, “Submissions”) will become our sole and exclusive property and shall not be returned to you. In addition to the rights applicable to any Submission, when you post comments or reviews to the Site, you also grant us the right to use the name that you submit, in connection with such review, comment, or other content. You shall not use a false e-mail address, pretend to be someone other than yourself or otherwise mislead us or third parties as to the origin of any Submissions. We may, but shall not be obligated to, remove or edit any Submissions.
ORDER ACCEPTANCE AND PRICING
Please note that there are cases when an order cannot be processed for various reasons. The Site reserves the right to refuse or cancel any order for any reason at any given time. You may be asked to provide additional verifications or information, including but not limited to phone number and address, before we accept the order.
We are determined to provide the most accurate pricing information on the Site to our users; however, errors may still occur, such as cases when the price of an item is not displayed correctly on the website. As such, we reserve the right to refuse or cancel any order. In the event that an item is mispriced, we may, at our own discretion, either contact you for instructions or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation. We shall have the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card or bank account charged.
TRADEMARKS AND COPYRIGHTS
All intellectual property rights, whether registered or unregistered, in the Site, information content on the Site and all the website design, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, software, photos, video, music, sound, and their selection and arrangement, and all software compilations, underlying source code and software shall remain our property. The entire contents of the Site also are protected by copyright as a collective work under Malaysia copyright laws and international conventions. All rights are reserved.
APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
These Terms and Conditions shall be interpreted and governed by the laws in force in Malaysia. Subject to the Arbitration section below, each party hereby agrees to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of Government of Malaysia to waive any objections based upon venue.
Any controversy, claim or dispute arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions will be referred to and finally settled by private and confidential binding arbitration before a single arbitrator held in Malaysia in English and governed by Malaysian law. The arbitrator shall be a person who is legally trained and who has experience in the information technology field in Malaysia and is independent of either party. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Site reserves the right to pursue the protection of intellectual property rights and confidential information through injunctive or other equitable relief through the courts.
SUBSTITUTIONS & OUT-OF-STOCK MERCHANDISE
In those unforeseen instances when product demand is higher than our supply of a particular item or product, we will attempt to contact you via email and gain your consent to replace or substitute the items, or have it refunded.
PRODUCT APPEARANCE & WHAT WE DON’T GUARANTEE
- All photos of our products are being taken by professionals and being touched up for web-viewing, therefore the actual product can appear different under different viewing environment and lighting conditions.
- We also DO NOT guarantee that the items are “100% scratch free, chip free and spotless” because different items have different quality criteria from different suppliers. We do not refund or accept returns on items that are perceived as not meeting “customer’s personal quality expectations”, such as perfection or overly immaculate expectations. Customers aresuppose toclarify their expectations with our sales department if they are in doubt of any item quality prior to any purchase, and not after the purchase.
- We cannot guarantee on the workmanship of the crafted items that do not meet customer’s personal opinion and expectation because via the internet there are no means for our products to be felt and closely inspected by customers prior to purchase.Therefore if customers agree to make purchases through the internet, they have agreed on the suppliers inspection criteria. We also do not allow customers to purchase items to take a look at them to fulfil self-curiosity, then later request to return after they had satisfied their curiosity.
- In addition, some products that are handmade may not appear exactly the same as the ones shown in pictures, because handicrafts differ from one piece to another. Painted handicrafts may differ incolours, shapes, patterns etc.
- Also please take note that only grossly cohesive fracture is considered as a damage, thus claimable via shipping insurance. Adhesive drop-offs due to shipping shock vibe is not considered as a damage because the international courier does not recognize such claims, and it is the responsibility of customers to glue them back in the event that there is an adhesive problem aggravated by shock vibe.
- As many of our products are delicate in nature, we do not guarantee their lifetime, there is no warranty on how long the items will last in terms of theircolour, shine, intactness, usage and appearance. We only guarantee that items will arrive in good condition as they are supposed to be on the day of delivery. Any complaints or discrepancy made after 3 days of delivery CANNOT be entertained.
- The bottom part of products are considered unimportant as far as appearance is concerned. Deliberately left unpolished or semi-finished, they may reveal huge spots, scratches, dents and any other cosmetically unnecessary defects that will be part of our acceptance criteria. This may also apply to the interiors, anything behind or certain part of items where cosmetic appearance is unnecessary.
- There is no reliability test conducted on the products lifetime and their use conditions. Therefore, any item broken or dismantled are NOT exchangeable or replaceable during its usage time. This includes any short life wear and tear of bracelets, amulets, tassels, pendants, necklaces etc. Customers are held responsible for their own usage conditions.
- There is no guarantee for any defects or damage sustained on packaging materials. Shipping insurance does not cover for packaging materials. They are suppose to give may and sacrifice itself to protect items inside from getting damage. Therefore, no replacement or refund for dented or damaged packaging materials, containers, manufacturer’s box or gift boxes no matter how pretty they should appear to be. Remember, all manufacturer’s box and packaging materials are FREE and therefore they are not claimable.
- Anything described as FREE on this website is subjected to availability. Them is no guarantee on anything described as FREE.
- Items that are made from natural stone (eg. bracelets/pendants/decorative of crystal and jade) may have uneven textures, different colors, different quality, carving scars, natural inclusions or original lines/cracks/cavity in them which may extend to the surface. Since each piece is carved by hand and not moulded artificially, carving scars are possible and carving quality varies from one to another. For all items made from natural crystal, each piece is unique on its own. Therefore, your purchase wilt not look exactly the same as in photos on our website and the sizes may vary from rine piece to another.
- Items that are made from brass are held by tools and shaped through machining from blocks, there could be tiny tool marks or scratches visible under 30cm visual. Cast brass work experiences high heat process, gas defect, extreme shrinking and rough process steps, therefore they have “common irregularities” on their surfaces. They include blisters, bubbles, shrinkages, cavities, scratch lines, dents, tarnishes, dark spots, oxides etc. They are NOT considered as faulty and therefore are non reject Despite obtaining from factories that provide high brass purity and the best in workmanship that supply only grade A pieces to us, common irregularities arc still unavoidable.